
Ok this has been brought to my attention and I thought I should clarify. I sent an e-mail out the other day to a bundle of people (my apologies if you weren't on that list....maybe you should e-mail me to make sure I do in the future) asking for a specific prayer request.
Next Wednesday our paperwork goes to court in Ethiopia. We need to pass. This is the last major hurdle before going to pick up Tobiah. So we have asked that people and churches be praying Wednesday.
If you look in the right hand column of this blog you will see a clock that's set for Addis Ababa time. You will not that it is roughly 7 hours ahead of EST...and if you live in other parts of the country even more so. So if you wake up at 8 am it's 3 pm in Addis....there's a good chance the paperwork has already gone to court.
Someone suggested we tell everyone to pray Tuesday instead.
Couple things:
1. We've been praying for Tobiah and this process for over a year....so Tuesday, Wednesday is all the same to us.
2. We won't hear from our agency whether we passed or not until late afternoon on Wednesday OUR TIME anyway. So praying Wednesday seems like the logical time. I know that our senses will be heightened that day while we wait....so that seems logical to me to be in prayer.
3. I think we serve a God who knows no time. I think we serve a God who knows the longings of our hearts. I think we serve a God who saw this day coming before time began. If that's true, I think that he will be listening to our prayers at 8 am EST no matter what's been going on in Ethiopia.
4. Who am I to tell you that you shouldn't pray Tuesday AND Wednesday? Go for it.
If I could just add a little to the prayer request.....since you're praying anyway....I will be away from the Internet most if not all of Wednesday. So I already know that I'm going to be frustrated waiting for news. It may be good so I don't just sit here hitting refresh all day, but it'll also be unnerving.
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment