the weekend that was: This weekend we had the pleasure of my in-laws coming down for the weekend. They arrived Friday afternoon and left Sunday afternoon. Good times seeing them. We realize that because of where we live and our schedule we never get to see family quite as much as we'd like. Highlights were swimming in the Holiday Inn pool...illegally. Playing WIZARD (which is one of the most amazing card games ever!) and church on Sunday was out at Chapman Dam.
where i am at the moment: sitting at our table with a mouth full of gauze because I had (hopefully) the last two teeth pulled out to make my mouth better
on my to-do list this week: I have a bunch of stuff to do this week. I have to write complete percussion scores to two marching band pieces as well as write our cadence for this year. I must do this by mid-week so the director and arranger have time to look it over before next weeks' band camp. I also have to pick worship music for church for the next month or so, so I can justify going to Africa for two weeks
Africa update: As of Friday we were told we have an Embassy date on August20. So we have to be in Ethiopia that day. We're planning on flying in much earlier than that and staying a couple days later to. Why fly all that way and only stay two days? VERY EXCITED!
procrastinating about: this is a hard one...only because I procrastinate about everything...right now I'm procrastinating about writing music.
book i’m in the midst of: Reinventing Sunday by Brad Berglund
music that seemed to catch my attention this past week: Wrap Me in Your Arms by Michael Gungor (download the mp3 for a limited time below...or go buy it at iTunes)
No comments:
Post a Comment