I came across this two weeks ago but I just keep putting off posting it here. However I like to share good stuff with my friends and I can see how some of you might like this. Let's face it, free is for me.
The idea is simple. Get the music back in people's hands. It's called NoiseTrade.
Back in 2006 Derek Webb gave away his album Mockingbird for free online. I actually posted about it way back then. Love or hate him, it was a cool idea and he got 80,000 people to download his album. So this was the start of the process.
So basically they want fans to be able to tell other people about good music and share music. So you can go there and download as many albums as you'd like. To do this they ask you to do one of two things. Either pay what you think the album is worth to you, or tell 3 friends about their site and what they're doing. Pretty cool.
Now for those who fear that you don't want to download another Derek Webb album because the last time you listened to me it went badly for you....there are lots of other artists on there. I downloaded a cool album by Waterdeep who I love. It's worth checking out.
I just went back and looked at their site and in the two weeks since I found this they've added another 10-15 albums. That's rad. So go.
No comments:
Post a Comment